Friday 11 December 2015

Apivita Lip Care in Pink Rose, Pomegranate and Blackcurrant

Ιn the past I have written about how much I love the Apivita lip balms. I’ve loved them for well over 20 years now and this time I have the old packaging to show you as well. The first one I bought was the cocoa butter one and as soon as pre-teen me could muster the courage, I got the rose one. It was my first lip product with colour and I can still remember how excited I was, applying too much so that I could carefully blot it like I had seen my mother do with her lipstick.
90s packaging
The number of lip balm bullets I have used up is impossible to count, they are a true staple product for me. This time I’ve selected the three lip balms that leave some colour on, the pink rose, the pomegranate and the blackcurrant. All three are very hydrating, but what I appreciate more is that my lips don’t feel hydrated only when I have them on, they are in a great condition hours after I’ve applied the lip care and the more consistently I use them, the better they look.
According to the website all three are made with olive oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter, castor oil and jojoba esters. They also contain vitamins E, C & F, avocado oil and calendula. They are created with  96-99% organic ingredients and are cruelty free. They are also free of silicone, parabens, propylene glycol and mineral oils. You can check the list of ingredients here: pink rose, pomegranate and blackcurrant.*

What are the differences between the three of them though? I would say they are different in terms of how much colour they leave on and how matte or shiny they are.

The blackcurrant lip care is the most pigmented one. It leaves the lips looking a bit deeper than their natural colour, a deeper rose colour and it is also the shiniest of the lot. It’s perfect for those days when it’s so cold that your lips loose all colour. I had also suggested it to a friend of mine whose lips had become really dry and colourless as a side effect of chemotherapy and she liked it a lot.

The pomegranate, though it looks almost colourless on my hand, has a brightening effect on my natural lip colour. It is more on the matte side giving the lips a very natural texture and it smells amazing. The website mentions a “red fruit scent” which I would have guessed would be more of a “forest fruits” scent, but (luckily for me) is more of an unripe pomegranate, sweet and zingy. A unique and pleasant scent.

The pink rose lip care is the least pigmented, leaving behind a pale pink colour. My lips are naturally pigmented so I only wear this when I want to tone down their colour a tiny bit. It is the most matte of all, so perfect for the summer months where every other lip balm seems to melt. It smells of rose and geranium, a bit like a turkish delight.
Their price is 4.95€ for 4.4gr of product.

Last but not least, it’s only a few hours till my giveaway ends and one of the prizes is an Apivita lip balm so those of you who want to try it, don’t forget to take part!


xxx

Elysse


*All the links are non-affiliated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...