Monday 26 September 2016

Black & Red Scarlet Heart Ryeo Mani

It’s that time again, the time to be inspired by something I watched! This time it’s the Korean period drama Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo which is about political intrigues in the 10th Century Goreyo Kingdom sprinkled with romance, action scenes, a lot of beautiful people[so many princes!], amazing locations and fantastic costumes. I’m not going to go into too much detail on the plot, but I’ve attached a promo video that could spark your interest better than writing about it would. 



The costume that inspired me today is one that the 4th prince, Wang So, wears in two of my favourite scenes as well as on some of the promo pictures. It’s a hanbok (traditional Korean costume) made from a black shot with burgundy fabric that has a red motif and is worn with a sash. Here it is on the actor Lee Joon Gi who is doing an amazing job of fleshing out this character. Scarlet Heart is worth watching if for no other reason than for his acting.
One of the few shots where you can see the burgundy fire of the fabric
 

The costume & a sample of the amazing locations I mentioned
The base colour is SPAritual Body, the stamp and red lines is A-England Perceval and the tips are done with Mavala 246 Black Cherry. I was so glas I had Black Cherry available as it is shot through with the same quality of burgundy colour, one  that’s not easy to make out unless you see it under intense light. The stamp is form Born Pretty's L007 plate.
 
 
I shall leave you with a photo of the princes in modern clothing cause this post hasn't got enough princes in it!
XxX
Elysse
PS- Drama photos source: SBS, Modern clothing photo source: Cosmopolitan Korea
Fetch me my smelling salts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...