Wednesday 14 March 2012

L'Odyssée de Cartier

A stunning video to celebrate House Cartier's 165 years. Bruno Aveillan, who directed this little marvel, created a beautiful story in this clip and what is more iconic and appropriate than the panther to tell the story of Cartier.

I particularly love that moment where the panther enters the room decorated with the Tutti Frutti jewels. I also like the choice of model they made; Shalom Harlow is so beautiful. The dress was designed by Yiqing Yin.






It's so weird that I found this clip today. On Monday I dreamt I was meeting a friend in Place Vendôme right next to where Cartier's is. It's funny the things we remember about places. What I remember more intensely about Cartier's is the window grills; they had the same beautiful design as the ones on the main entrance of the Grand Trianon Palace at Versailles. It was the moment where I realised that Paris is full of the same motifs and decorations as Versailles, only they are more sparsely spread. I think I left a piece of my heart in Paris. 

3 comments:

  1. I think you spent your previous life in Versailles madame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! If there is such a thing as a previous life it would amuse me to think I might have been an architect, a gardener or a designer there!

      Πολλά χρόνια θα ζήσεις, μόλις λέγαμε για σένα με την ανώνυμη Σουνάκο!

      Delete
    2. oh nonono..you were the queen herself dear! that place suited you perfectly, you looked so cozy moving around (or crawling by the end of day 2, lol!)

      ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ...Αγαπημενες Βερσαλλιες....!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...